Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Challenge #29 - Hocus Pocus & a Treat

Hocus Pocus is the challenge.

Wave your wands and make a project appear.

Anything Magic goes.
Jana here: It's not too late to send out a Halloween hello. So, I made a card. I layered and had fun. I also colored my first image. I haven't broken down and become the owner of any Copics or Promarkers. Yet. But after trying to make due, I think it will be on my birthday wish list. I'll email a link to DH. Just need to do a little more research. If you use either one of these, let me know what you think. If you have used both, let me know which you prefer.

Anyway, back to the card. The base is Wasau black cardstock, the background paper is K&CO, the white spider web is Martha Stewart, ribbon is from my stash, image is from In Style Stamps, orange spider is one of those rings the girls got in a goodie bag, scallop punches from my stash, Stampin Up "creepy crawly" stamp and the drippy goo punch from Martha Stewart. I had to go old school glue with the Martha spider web. It's felt and wouldn't stay put with glue dots.


HI! Rosemary here, the magic I've created is I started and finished this stitching piece in one week. Yeah, right, okay...Here's the real deal. The magic of this challenge for me is...I finished this myself.


Which is truly Magic because in the past I've spent oodles of money at AC Moore, Michaels, Ben Franklin, etc. getting my stitched pieces blocked and stretch and framed. In reality, this isn't that hard and I think it looks pretty!


Also, another Magical aspect of this is that I actually have this on the wall. Not sitting in a box in my craft room.




I mounted it on backer board which was adhesive and acid free (very important so that when my descendants sell this in a yard sale as Crazy Auntie Rosemary's craft crap it will still have vibrant color) and then into a frame.


Now, for photographic purposes, I took the glass out and sometimes I've had projects framed without glass, but I tend to keep the glass because I have furballs and their fur magically attaches itself to anything of value of mine.
They're good like that.


So, this is my project - please to enjoy!
Closeup is tweaked a little to show the difference in the pattern (The pattern, by the way, is designed by Vicki Hastings from The Cricket Collection of the Cross-Eyed Cricket and is entitled,
Seasonings - booklet No. 100)


Jana here again. We throw an annual Halloween Sleepover Party.


Last year I made these little albums for the girls.







I put them in little bags. And made matching tags









I used my Quickutz to make little tiny scenes for the pages.



Not a fancy album. Or a big one. Only 8 pages.



Just a little something for them to remember the party.


(OMG - says Rosemary, how does she do all of this? It's all the coffee she drinks, has to be. I'm in awe of how cute these are.)



I got carried away and made too many albums.




I have some left over, so I want to give away. (Sorry, I don't have the little bags.)
All you have to do is be one of the first five to join and post the challenge this week.
I have them ready to go. I just need to know to whom to send them.




Now go conjure up something magical.
(Rosemary again, a recap of our "Blue Blue Blue" projects is posted below. Make sure to check them all out and visit their blogs to leave some love.)

17 comments:

Electra said...

I love the card, Jana, especially the goo!
And Rosemary, how can you wonder how Jana gets everything done, when you cross stich? I almost had to quit my job when I was doing that.
I made a little girl-ey card of a bunny sprinkling fairy dust. I think that's magical!
here

Kristen H said...

Here is my card! Thanks for a fun challenge and the great cards to look at from the DT and other participants. Lucky me, I am one of the 1st five and get a prize, yippy... I hope you like my gory little goodies. Have a GREAT week, poohbahs!!!

Chat Noir said...

Having a very organised day, so here's mine!!

http://blackcatsmiaow.blogspot.com/2009/10/opus-gluei-challenge-29-magic.html

Love the excuse to get back in black!!

Amrita said...

Love your pretty creations gals. You are so talented

Irit Shalom said...

great dt job- here is my new card
HERE IS MY CARD

Jessica G. said...

Those little albums and treat bags are amazing -- what a good mom!

And you mean cross stitch projects are actually meant to be finished?? Beautiful work!

Jessica G. said...

Oops, it might help to link my hocus pocus project:

http://jessobsession.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-dogs-will-do-for-their-people.html

Rosemary said...

BTW, just in case there is confusion - no, I didn't finish this jack-o-lantern stitching in a week, but I did actually do the finishing work rather than send it to a nice framing person who will charge me a lot and then frown at my 60% off coupon.

Jana said...

Well, burst our bubble why don't cha? Here we thought you were indeed MAGICAL.

Unknown said...

Great job gals...
Here is my card

blackdragon said...

Only just found this blog ... lovely things you do.
I hope to do more of your challenges in the future... although my entry is a little different!
lynx

http://lynsblogger.blogspot.com/2009/10/atc-for-lots-of-challenges.html

Terry @ Krazy's Place said...

Great projects from everyone! My first time playing along with you. You can see my card on my blog

Electra said...

I did a LO that shouts magical/spooky to me. I didn't know what to do with the photo, but it seemed to (kind of) fit in with you theme. At any rate, I had fun doing it. All of you ladies inspire me!
the shining

Alma7 said...

Love your works!

Here's my entry

Yael

li-bee-ti said...

Lovely DT's work.
here is my card thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm spending my time here for the children of Haiti.

I'm doing this for a non-profit organization that devotes themselves to
building an oppurunity for the children in haiti. If anyone here wants to give money then do so here:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They give children in Haiti a positive outlook through education.

Please check it out, they're legitimate.

Any help would be great

NimmiRaiBlog said...

a small table usually about the height of the arm of a chair that is used beside a larger piece of furniture is called the end table. It used to fill all the vacant spaces in your beautiful living places also to add more attraction to your homes. So all type of beautiful and cheap top end tables you would love to View Here