Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Challenge #149. Glitz, Glamour, Bring on the Bling!!!


Rosemary here and it is pretty plain to see from many of my projects that I like the bling - PEARLS, RHINESTONES, GLITTER, swoon.....

So, naturally I felt it was time to up the sparkle and for that reason, I have decreed the latest OPUS GLUEI theme to be

GLITZ, GLAMOUR,
BRING ON THE BLING!!!!

Create with sparkle and shine and glitter and then share that creativity with us!




I altered a
Tim Holtz Configurations box as a valentine to my parents. 
I included a photo of them on their wedding day, noted their five kids (with blue and pink mica in the crib), and some other romantic items.  Lots of sparkle and shine.  Glitter!!!!!

If you'd like to learn more, please come over to my personal blog.  There's a link in the sidebar.




Let's see what the other wonderful Poobahs have come up with.

Jana here: This challenge could not have been timed any more perfectly. After much deliberating as to what in the world I was going to make, my daughter came to me with a party invitation wherein the guest of honor included a masquerade mask to be decorated for the party. I broke out my paint, feathers and bling, then we went to town.



Her dress is pink and she has silver glitter shoes. Matches the mask perfectly.
She loves it and will be the belle of the ball. I'm sure of it. 


Electra  here   My my, the Poobahs have outdone themselves, don't you think?
My Blingy project is an ATC, three actually, that I have made for a "He loves me, he loves me not" swap.
 You can find the other two and the deets on the background on my blog!


Deena here -I need several little girl birthday cards in the upcoming months...lots of spring birthdays with my girls' peeps, and my niece is turning 8, so bling is naturally a thing to turn to...you can never have too much....right???  This one is a little over the top, but will suit my niece perfectly!


You have until the end of Saturday 9 February to join in with your fabulous creation celebrating glitz and glamour. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused.  
We look forward to visiting you!

4 comments:

Chat Noir said...

Spent the day making cards so it seemed like a good plan to bling it on into the evening.... Don't think I've EVER been first before!

Gerda said...

Love it!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I hope my card is blingy enough. Blessings!

Marie said...

Oh WOW! Love your altered box! This is stunning! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment.