Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Challenge #138. Me and my Camera.

Electra  here                      
 I love Photography.
In fact, when my beloved camera fell in the lake,  
it was like my life flashed before my eyes.
My daughter, who was not very old at the time, 
knew how upset I was and she offered to give me her paycheck to help replace it.
(What a sweetie)
Insurance, however, took care of it.
So, 
I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY.
That's just the way it is.

Do you have a camera?  Do you use it?
Or, in lieu of taking pictures yourself, is there a photo that was taken by someone else with a camera, that you just HAD TO scrapbook? That counts too.

For those artsy types who are busy making wonderful things, just take a photo of those wonderful things and show it off to us.
Or just make something wonderful with images you have gotten from the great Google God.
A camera was used with them. after all.
Just remember to give credit where credit is due.

My point is, you have NO EXCUSE for not playing along with us this time:

We can hardly wait to see what you create for this challenge!


 Let's see what all the other wonderful poobahs have come up with for this challenge.
 
Deena here - I took this picture of my mom and my daughter on our Alaskan cruise last summer...I love this picture (plus it was just as good as the one they were selling on the cruise for $8 a print and lost when my mom went to purchase it)  - lo and behold - I had the exact same pose in my candid shots on my camera - wahoozle, off to the print factory I went!

Kristen here
I did some photoshop playing with a photo I took last weekend. We were up north in Upper Peninsula Michigan. I took a walk down an old railroad track that was removed and turned into a snowmobile trail. I added some type and my photo that I took of myself with my super long false eyelashes. I then added some text and there you have it. The road less traveled, always a good way to go!

Gini here
Ever found yourself caught between a rock and a hard place?
When was the last time you tried the latest crazy diet that didn't work?
Well this lady definitely wishes she read the small print because she really wasn't expecting this on day 4 of her new diet.

Click on her rocks to make them bigger (snigger).



Well I can tell you that this challenge nearly made me give up the glue. Boo Hoo.
I never use photo's or do scrap booking, it does not appeal to me at all to make it myself, and I tried all week to come up with something scrapbooky with a photo I took of a pebble sculpture years ago in Ilfracoombe harbour.
But I could not manage anything AT ALL.

In the end I gave up and cut out the pebble sculpture and made a person out of it, so I have used part of a photo I took after all - hooray!
The arms didn't look very arm like, so a made a handbag to try and give you a clue that hey, these really are arms, honest.
Hmm.

Happy Creating with Bournville Old Jamaica Rum and Raisin dark chocolate, my favourite yum! So much nicer than rocks...


Jana  here I used this as an excuse to delay getting the laundry done. (Do you REALLY ever need an excuse?!?!) I recently got a free digital scrapbook kit. I am moving toward digi scrapping. And this is the perfect challenge for me right now.


I have the details about this kit, where and how to get it, how I changed a few things to get what I needed from it, over at Studio 3 Twelve.


Rosemary here - better late than never (computer issues) and I have two projects to share.  One is a little tag with a nostalgic feel and a photo freebie.



The other is a scrapbook layout of my husband on vacation (from several years ago).  Quite a different feel from the tag!

***

You have until the end of Saturday 8 September to join in with your fabulous creation celebrating a photograph in your project. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused. 
We look forward to visiting you!

2 comments:

Deborah Verhoeven said...

I'd seen this site before, but the "Gluei" part made me hesitate, as the only glue I use in my work is cyber-glue. All of my work is all photography, so I picked the most recent. Thanks for offering me the opportunity to qualify for one of your challenges. :-)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love photography too, Elektra. Blessings!