Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Challenge #136. Seasons.

Seasons

Rosemary here and my challenge to you is to share with us a seasonal project.  Doesn't matter what season or what art form.  That's right; you can share the Christmas cards you've been making throughout the year, Halloween pumpkins you're embellishing, the quilted Thanksgiving table runner, springtime flower displays, summer wreaths, scrapbook layouts, presents for the holidays - whatever you've been busy making. 

For me, I decided to work on autumn decorations.  No, it's still very hot heat, in fact we're flirting with triple digit heat indexes.  But I really want to finish up ornaments to display once September rolls around, so I pulled out all my unfinished ones and here we go.  Now my lonesome little owl from last year has some company!
  (No, this is not currently up, merely some creative staging)







Let's see what all the other wonderful poobahs have come up with for this challenge.
 

Electra here
I love the seasons.
ALL of them.
Oh right, I whine in the winter when my eyelashes freeze to my cheek and heat in the summer makes me want to kill myself.
In spite of that, I do LOVE the Seasons
And do my project has ALL of the seasons, just not on the same day.
 I hope you have all the seasons where you live too
 



Kristen here
I love this challenge, what fun. I made a digital project which I can print as a card. I made this using Illustrator CS5. I hope you like it. It was a nice simple, fun to make creation. There are so many fun things that can be done with your computer! I can't wait to see everyone's creations! Have a great week and have fun.

Gini here
What a great challenge idea Rosemary!
I thought I'd try and make an Autumn card that doesn't have leaves as the main interest but still looks Autumny. Sorry the photo is a bit dodgy but if you click on it, it is better bigger.



Jana here: For me it's Christmas in July. I made a set of placemats to use during the Christmas season. I combined fabric that I have had in my stash for a very long time with some newer fabrics. I like the patchwork look to the set. You can get more info and eye candy on my blog.



You have until the end of Saturday 11 August to join in with your fabulous creation celebrating the four seasons. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused. 
We look forward to visiting you!

5 comments:

Hazel said...

For some reason, linky didn't want to work tonight - I've got another card here x

Hazel said...

Linky is working again, so I've added my card. x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful DT creations.Very inspirational.
Lisa x

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Olá voltei de ferias e quero voltar participar com vocês!
ultimamente tenho dedicado a vintage toys e altered Dress Form,
abraços
____________

Hello back from vacation and I want to participate with you!
lately I've devoted to vintage toys and altered Dress Form,
hugs

lauren bergold said...

i went with "summer" having been given a bunch of childhood beach photos by my mom! holy ♥WOW♥ the dt projects are cool, and in soooo many fabulous media... you guys are like a crafty RENAISSANCE over here!!! ♥