Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Challenge #173 - Leftovers

Everyone has left overs....whether they're things in the pantry, or the bits you just cant throw away because they'll come in handy!!  And they're SO handy that they stay as left-overs for the rest of their life...UNTIL TODAY.

Chat Noir here.....and I was going to really give my work bench a spring clean, but the kitchen needed it more.  I just had to do something to get my frig back from the Christmas bits and pieces, so I threw caution to the winds, ignored the scorching heat outside (this is Australia in the summer after all), and decided to turn the unused kilo of cherries into jam.

Here's the before....
...and I even got to use my very expensive but oh-so-wonderful new tool - a cherry stone remover!  And here's the after....

 
Pop over to my blog to find the recipe if you're interested.  Its easy and delicious (I know because I licked the spoon, and I think I'm having cherry jam on toast for tea).  This is one left over I'm glad I used up!!
 
mmmm.....




Deena Here:  I went more for the crafty leftovers, as we have been away on a wonderful vacation and I needed a birthday card right when we got home...this is what I came up with:


Electra here. 
I was going to make something from the leftovers in my fridge, but there aren't any, since I've been away from home for over a week.
So I decided to show you my leftover man...
I think he personifies the spirit of leftovers, don't you?
His name is Darryl.  
He has another brother Darryl, but he couldn't make in time for press.
What can I say?
I don't get out enough.
Obviously.


You have until the end of Saturday 11 January  to join in with your fabulous creation. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.

 

If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused.  

We look forward to visiting you! This is a Blog Hop!!!

6 comments:

CG said...

What a fun challenge! I just loved all the different takes on the theme. Chat Noir, your jam looks delicious! Love Deena's use of scraps, and Electra's Darryl is just too fun! Thank you for the inspiration, I had fun making my project. Happy 2014, CG

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I enjoy your challenges and wonderful inspirational pieces during 2013. Happy New Year!

MiamiKel said...

What a fun post - love the vibrant leftover man *wink!* I'm all about using up scraps on cards - fabulously challenging! I just found you blog and just smiled :) Thank you for the inspiration and here's to 2014!

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative use of 'leftovers' ~ being the 'non foodie' I love the collages created ~ Thanks ~

Thanks for 'stopping by' ~ carol

PetraB said...

Just the right challenge for the new year and all the resolutions! Great inspiration from the DT!

PetraB said...

Just the right challenge for the new year and all the resolutions! Great inspiration from the DT!