Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Challenge #158 - Birthday

Hello!  So our challenge theme for this fortnight is

BIRTHDAYS

Chat Noir here......  June is a big birthday month for me, the first week would be exhausting if everyone had a party on their right day!!  And I'd be so much rounder from all the food and champagne.....  I've made two cards to share - the first is for my sister in law who loves bright colours and just seems to dance through life with a smile.  I tried to use her favourite colours, and even got out the Cuttlebug to cut some flowers.  The poor machine which is so dusty I'm amazed that I remember how to use it.  And the second card is for my friend Wendy who loves orange.  Once again I fell in love with the paper and couldn't cover up any of the shadows so there's just a bit of sparkle and some ribbon.






Electra Here:
I had intended to get a couple of birthday cards done that I need to do for work, but I accidentally sat down at my puter and ended up scrapping some of the pictures from my grandson's 1st birthday party,
The funny ones.,  At least I thought so:

So in the first, I tell the story of my little grandson's escape for the dreaded parachute game!
And in the second, I document who had the most fun the grown-ups
(and I use THAT term loosely)
or the children.
I guess it was a draw.  lol



Rosemary here and June is my birthday month and this is a memorable birthday for me so I looked over on Pinterest and got the idea for this page in my art journal.  Sigh   It doesn't look cool like my inspiration but I tried and I like it enough to share it with you.I drew the squiggly lines and then colored them and then filled them in randomly with information, wishes, things I'm proud of, goals, etc. 



Jana here. If you know me, you'll know that it's normal for me to be late to the party. But I'll get there. Just have a drink and relax. Anyhow, I showed up for this one.

I came up with this wonderful little birthday gift idea. I took some terrycloth and some fabric squares (5 inch) and made these fun little washcloths.



These would make a wonderful baby (actual birthday) gift. Or a great gift for teens. Might making a new skin care routine a bit easier to handle with a littl bit of whimsy.

Now it's your turn to show us what you were inspired to create with Chat Noir's BIRTHDAY theme. 

 

You have until the end of Saturday 15 June to join in with your fabulous creation. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused.  
We look forward to visiting you! This is a Blog Hop!

1 comment:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I'm celebrating an important birthday this month too, my wife's. Blessings!