Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Challenge #27 - Copy Cat

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
Your mission this week, should you choose to accept it, is to flatter someone.
Find a project you like and imitate it.

Jana here: Mine is an album that I made in class a couple years ago.
I made 8 kits for a children's home in San Antonio, Texas.
I needed something quick and relatively easy.
So I turned to the album I had already made.
You can read more about the album, see more of the pages and find out how I found these young girls on my blog here.
Here is the first page as made, AND as altered for my original album, AND as altered for the album kits.
I used paper instead of the ribbon strip along the bottom and changed the color scheme, as well as the title to suit the intent of the albums. I plan to personalize the front page for each girl.
Patterned papers are all American Craft. Card stock is from my stash and is mostly Bazzill with a few others thrown in.



Fot these pages I used the punches and dies that I actually have. I think they work just as well.



Same for this page. I used the tools I already have and made it my own.




Rosemary is on vacation. She had another theme for this week, but I highjacked her post.
She left, so I am taking over. I am the ruler of the horns. Bow down and offer up your glue to me.
Bwahahahaha.

Again, we accept ATC's, cards, inchies, twinchies, layouts, clothing, blankets, hats, scarves, cash, well, you get the idea.




Now get out there and copy someone else's hard work.
(Showcase of last week's entries will be posted by Wednesday. Check back later in the week.)

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Someone had coffee this morning didn't they? Yep, my horns are hanging up for the week while I attempt my famous lobster impersonation on the beaches of West Palm. I trust Jana to be a benevolent despot, give her your glue and there won't be any problems! OMG, that made me laugh out loud when I checked in.

Kristen H said...

Here it is!
Thanks for coming by and checking it out. I hope you like it! Have a great day, I enjoyed playing along!!! Sorry it’s a dollar short by being a week late...
I will be back with something for this week, in a little while...

Gini said...

LOL at your horns Jana, Virtual Golden Gel Medium in cyberspace for you. What? You don't think I'd really share my Golden with you do you?? Do you know how much it costs in the UK!!! It prices up similar to gold ;-)
I forgot to say to you both last post how much I like your Shiny Box Jana, only it really needs to be bigger, maybe 4 foot square and bursting at the seams :-)
Rosemary, you have made me nearly like Halloween with your feast of Shinyness Card!

My copy Cat is here

Happy crafting everyone!
Gini
xx

Electra said...

You guys are a riot! I got mine done, and now I can go out and play. In the stupid snow. :-(
If you'd like to see it, wishiniknewhowtoblog.blogspot.com/Opus scrapjacked.
My current goal, by the way is to figure out how to post an actual link. (I think I can, I think I can)

Kathy said...

Here's my copy cat entry... :>) I hope everyone enjoys it and the humor that was involved then and since.... LOL
http://craftola.blogspot.com/2009/10/opus-gluei-challenge-copy-cat.html

Love you gals!!!!!