Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Challenge #134 America, America or wherever you hold allegiance.

Kristen here Three Cheers for the Red, White, and Blue! I drew these images (I need to re-do a set with female soldiers.) I am proud to be in America and love living in a diverse city. There are so many people here that are not native to this country and they are so proud to be here. I got to see a naturalization ceremony once a few years ago. To see all the immigrants waiving their little U.S. flags made me very emotional. I think, wherever one is from, it is so wonderful to feel pride in that. Thank you to our troops for watching over us and our freedoms! God bless America (and all the other countries!)

No matter what country you are from, let's see your patriotism, use the colors of your flag, or put your own creative spin on this entirely. We would LOVE to see what you make!!!

Let's see what all the other wonderful poobahs have come up with for this challenge.


****
 

Rosemary here and yep, another proud American here and I love Independence Day.   I cherish my freedom, optimism and yes, brashness of my culture.  I love that the nation we won our independence from, Great Britain, is our ally. 

I also hope you consider doing this challenge and share your love of your nation!

My project for this challenge is a door hanger that I cross-stitched and sewed.  It's from a Prairie Schooler leaflet entitled Summer and Winter.


****
Jana here and I am proud to be American. I have always been proud to be American. In kindergarten I made my mom an American flag Christmas tree ornament. The other kids made bells and stars. Not me. I made an 8.5 in x 11 in American flag for mom to put on the tree. And she did every year. July 4th has always been one of my favorite holidays. We grill and always see the fireworks. For this challenge I made mug rugs. What's a mug rug? It's a mini placemat. This one is 6 in x 8 in. Just large enough for a mug and a snack. Of course you can also use a cup or a glass. Just don't forget the snack, which can be whatever you want it to be.


I made a few different ones too. You can see them on my blog HERE.



****

Electra here - I am Canadian.  I love our country-more square feet of awesomeness than anywhere else on earth.  That's from a beer commercial.  So I combined a bunch of photos I've taken from the area where I live and made this digital LO.  Happy Whatever-Day-It-Is-Where-You-Live!



****

Deena here - I am also Canadian, born and raised...and I am going to some Canada Day festivities this weekend out at the lake, so I decided to make a card to celebrate the occasion...
hope you have a great patriotic weekend wherever you are!!!



****

You have until the end of Saturday 14 July to join in with your fabulous creation celebrating patriotism. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused. 
We look forward to visiting you!

5 comments:

Julia said...

Gorgeous creations by DT!

Angela said...

Thanks for the great inspiration; Happy 4th to all!

Vicky Hayes said...

What brilliant and inspiring DT samples! Hope you all had a happy holiday!

Electra said...

These thumbnails are so pretty, they are a work of art in themselves!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

There's nothing more American than a BBQ grill in your back porch. LOL!