Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Challenge #127 - In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb.

Deena here - We have had the most unusual weather this winter in my neck of the woods...in a good way for the most part...it is generally an unbearable cold where your eyelids and nostrils freeze cold and there is tons of snow to shovel...but not this year...we have had a relatively mild winter (now I can understand how other people in the world can enjoy it somewhat), but March came in wickedly with snow and a mini-blizzard and the such...hopefully it goes out like a lamb and spring will be here officially (so far we have broken all the records ever for the warmest spring by a longshot)!  When I thought of this challenge, I had all hopes and dreams of spring in mind....but wasn't really thinking about the topic of the challenge...I have not one lion or lamb stamp in my whole collection...not one...I could not believe it, so I frantically googled some images of colouring sheets and voila!  My creation is born!

the phrase on the card is "No lion, I hope ewe have a roaring great birthday!"
Let's see what all the other wonderful poobahs have come up with for this challenge.
 

*************

Rosemary here and I'm back to playing with paper (hooray).  It's a dreary rainy day but I channeled my girliest of girly personality traits and it was think pink time with an animal twist.  A sweet little mouse enjoying a birthday cupcake! (to see another very pink card - with butterflies and a vintage feel - head on over to my personal blog)




Gini here
I love making Birds on Wheels pictures and a bird is an animal too.
I have blogged this design before as cards I like to make, and honestly I could use my whole stash of designer papers making them, hundreds and hundreds AND hundreds of them but then I would be like the lady with 40 indoor cats; what on earth would I do with them all...and wouldn't my house stink a bit and wouldn't that seem a tad compulsive disorderish too?

However - this is the very poshest Bird on Wheels I've made to date, it's another 5" x 7" canvas as I seem to be going through a phase of making these canvases lately.
It is a flocked paper bird and it's so posh and shiny it's probably illegal, I mean regal.


Electra here
In about a month, I will have a new grandson.
(I am SO excited)  The parents asked me to do a collage for little Logan's room along the lines of a jungle theme.  So I did this.
 You can find the deets on my blog.

You have until the end of Saturday 7 April to join in with your fabulous creation celebrating animals. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused. 
We look forward to visiting you!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful! I think I'm going to try to work something up! Lovely blog ~ I'm now following you!
Hugs,
Anne ♥♥

Unknown said...

Great challenge...and some great images.

Maria Matter said...

fabulous critter creations ladies!!
hugs

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

breve estarei aqui com meus ovos e pintinhos!
abraços!

Dawn said...

Great cards ladies! I don't see Mr Linky! Am I being Silly???? Here's my link anyway!
http://dawn-dawnscrafting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/paint-town-pink.html

Hugs
Dawn xx

lisa said...

new herew
thanks for the challenge
www.lilfeathers.blogspot.com