Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Challenge #122. Take a picture, it will last longer.



Kristen here - Take a picture, it will last longer. You can interpret this in any way that you desire, but I took my picture (actually took a picture of myself)... and digitally altered it. I love playing in all the digital suite programs. This was done in Photoshop. I took and blurred and used layers and filters and had a lot of fun!

Let's see what all the other wonderful poobahs have come up with for this challenge. I cannot wait to see what everyone does!

Rosemary here - Hello everyone!  I felt like creating something romantic, and why not?  Valentine's Day is around the corner so why not some True Love.  A lovely free vintage photo, hearts and flowers, pearls and lace and presto!  (and it's kind of fun to have an eclectic mix of items)



  Jana here -

One of my goals for this year is to take a family picture every month. Not a family portrait, but just a picture that has ALL of us in it. So far, I am off to a wonderful start. I am 100% on track. So when Kristen presented the challenge for this go 'round, I KNEW that a layout of our first month picture was my project. This is all digital. Deets can be found on my blog.


Deena here -  this one had me stumped for a while...but when I think of that phrase, it is the rebuttal we used to use when people would stare at us as kids....then I thought of these pictures from DisneyWorld that were ridiculous...my girls were just begging to be stared at and I leapt to the conclusion that this page would work perfectly for a staring page...hence the phrase "take a picture, it will last longer", so I did and now it will last forever....

 
Electra here -  
I took this challenge literally.  I did a LO of my DD and her beau looking at (and laughing at)
at a picture on her phone.  Cus the picture will last long.  Get it?
Hah!  OK, small things amuse small minds. But it made me happy.


Gini here -   Oooohhya Electra has been very very clever with her interpretation! 

Now I don't use photographs much at all in my art but I often make pictures so I set out to make a picture that would fake the look of fabric in a photograph... even I can't follow the very convoluted way I have tried to meet this prompt.
When I was creating it all made perfect sense to me but in the cold light of day today who knows what I was thinking...my brain cell was not round the front but MIA.

So this fake fabric background that is made of paper but looks like a picture replica of a photograph of fabric..... is a very tenuous entry at best for this prompt!


 

You have until the end of Saturday 28 January to join in with your fabulous creation.  Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused. 
We look forward to visiting you!

6 comments:

Anne said...

WOW ladies, awesome inspiration from all of you!! :o) Think I need to find the time to do this challenge - have a vast number of photos but never seem to use them other than maybe making gift tags of them... n

Stef H said...

this card is fabulous!!!! super idea and gorgeous colors.

Yogi said...

well Gina, I don't take too many photos either, so your interpretation is right up my alley. Big Grin.

Chat Noir said...

Hello, hello....... guess this means my NY Resolution is still holding!! And I finally sorted out how to put the blog hop code on my post, that's what happens when you follow the directions instead of guessing!

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous projects, ladies! My entry is a paper-bag album card ... the 'Take a Picture' element is on the inside ... I've included a photo of the interior on my blog.

Hope all is well with you ... have a great weekend!

D said...

Thanks for the fabulous challenge and amazing feedback gals!!! You guys rock!