Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Challenge #120. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!

Electra here - I love snow.  When it's all white and fluffy.  In a big city that lasts about, oh, 10 minutes.
But where I live now, when we have a big snowstorm, it becomes magical and stays that way for some time.
I go out into the woods and take photos and that's what prompted this challenge-some photos I've taken of the pretty fluffy stuff we've had lately.
But who wants to look at photos?

I made a PEACE banner for my mantle, using some of my photos for the backgrounds of the letters.
Here's the "P"
Lace around some silver paper, embossed white cardstock on that. A sparkly foil rosette on the bottom with a snowflake and pearl on top of that.  And at the top, one of my photos, edged with Liquid Pearls and a glittery letter.  Oh yeah, it's all hanging from some silver and white twine/ribbon.

To see the E-A-C- and other E, please come on over to my blog.
And Merry Merry Christmas!




Let's see what all the other wonderful poobahs have come up with for this challenge.


Rosemary here - and I would love a white Christmas, lots of beautiful, fluffy white snow on the ground making everything look like a Christmas card.  BUT, I don't want people to have to drive in bad weather and so I'll merely dream of my white Christmas while living vicariously through my projects. 




Deena here - this is one of the first years, in as many as I can remember, that we may not have a white Christmas...WHAT??? Usually it is soooo cold and intolerable here in the winter, and there has never been a shortage of the white stuff...but this year, you can actually drive down our street and go from store to store without having to scrape off your vehicle and curse out old man winter...I say again....WHAT???  If this is global warming, then bring it on, baby, cuz winter like this is fabulous!  We have just enough of the white stuff to make you realize Christmas is around the corner, but there are no 16 foot snowbanks in my neck of the woods this year! But alas, it will come to an end too soon and the bone chilling, window frosting, eyelash sticking together weather will be upon us...
  
Gini here -  Well I thought I would experiment.
Now as you well know, those are really dangerous words for any crafter, because it could all end up in the bin and me in a huff.
Now I could have ducked out of this challenge but this isn't Hollywood this is real life and that includes a day with spinach on your teeth.

So last night at bed time I was in a huff and this project would have ended up in the bin had I had enough time to make something else but alas time is not on my side right now so here is my not quite white or quite right Christmas Scene. So sorry Electra!
Ooops, I was hoping to rescue it with my shiny Cosmic Shimmer watercolours and truly they did help but they cannot perform miracles.

Look through your fingers or out the corner of your eye at this poor poor card and don't click on it, nobody wants to see it bigger. 
But you dear greenhorn reader can make something far better I'm sure!



You have until the end of Saturday 31 December to join in with your fabulous creation celebrating a white Christmas. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused. 
We look forward to visiting you!

6 comments:

Anne said...

White Christmas?? Where? Here it is grey and raining (past two Christmases were white)..... So I will definately be dreaming of a white Christmas

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Girls: Glad I had a chance to play in your challenge this week. I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas. In Southeast Georgia we have a "Green" Christmas every year....no white stuff unless it is ash from wild fires....lol

Stef H said...

happy holidays ladies!

Beverly G said...

Great Projects girls--Happy Holidays, whatever the weather.

Kristen H said...

Gorgeous projects everyone! Love them. I hope to get out and check out all the creations!!! Finally have a small break! Merry Christmas to all!

Unknown said...

Lovely creations girls, they're gorgeous, each and every one of them! I don't think we'll be having a white Christmas either, it's been nothing but rain and rain ;-) Anyhow, I'd like to wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Blessings, Ira x