Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Challenge #110 - A picture is worth a thousand words.

Kristen here -   I want to challenge everyone to not say anything.  Just use a graphic to create anything.  No words allowed.  I drew the koi and put it in some swirly paper for an water looking background.  I used a brad for the eye and then frayed the edge, matted it on an orangey-red paper.  Then attached it to a kraft colored card.  Hope you can think of something to say without words!  Have fun!


Rosemary here  -  I created a little card for my sis-in-law who sends her youngest twins (yes, two sets of twins) to their first full day of school (first grade) in a few weeks.  She needs to find out what shopping is like without four little people in tow so I'm going to give her a little gift card inside for some retail therapy!


Electra here -  OK, I ALWAYS use words.  Well, almost always.
Not for this one though! I started with a couple (like the ones on the "Bathroom" signs) and this is where I ended up.

My lips are sealed.


Gini here -   A tricky challenge eh?
I have created a 5 x 7 inch canvas which hopefully makes you think of summer.
I've given details of how to make it on my blog.




Deena here - this is my attempt at a card with no words...this was a really difficult challenge for me...I always have something to say...but that is why they call it a challenge, I suppose??  Hopefully my thousand word picture lets you know this is supposed to be a birthday card ;)

You have until the end of Saturday 13 August to join in with your fabulous creation made without using any words on your project. Add your post to Mr Linky below.

We look forward to visiting you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You girls are amazing without words, these are fab creations! This might be a tough one, lol!

Amrita said...

Lovely creations girls.


I am thinking of taking up a 30 day photo challenge

Judy Ford said...

This is a great challenge! and you certainly nailed it with your creations! Hope you like mine, too! Didn't use the prize paper this time but have been using it for other challenges!! Thanks again!

June Houck said...

This is right up my alley...I don't think EVERY card needs a sentiment on the front; that way they can be thinking of you, birthday, sympathy,etc. I hope to play along this week!

Woot woot for the DT cards; all are unique and creative.

Cheryl said...

This is a fun one. It was hard for me not to put a sentiment on my card.

Here is my entry.

Debbie said...

Love everyone's creations!! This was a hard one for me!!! :)