Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Challenge #94 - Reach Out and Get a Handful

We ALL do it. We get excited about a new project and somehow we "forget" to put things away from the last project. OR we think that we "might" just use this little doo-dad on the next project. Come on, fess up. I know you do it too.

This week we want you to sit down at your workdesk, reach out to those bits and bobs that are still sitting there from your last project (or 2 or 3) and make something. It's that simple. If it's in reach, it's fair game.

*****

Rosemary here and I chose from the pile of shame (all the unfinished projects I've come across and contemplated throwing in the trash).  But Jana mentioned, in one of our MANY conversations which help to keep me sane, that she wanted to take on some of her unfinished projects (UFOs) and I thought, nyah - I'll just get rid of them. 
 
But her words stuck with me and so I reached into the pile, pulled out an acetate bag and here we go - the acrylic album from the class we took at least three years ago from The Button Farm.
 
It looked well...dated and boring to me...but I gave it a chance; adding ribbons, flower punches, a little more bling and then I put in the photos and my random musings.  Now, I am happy.  Happy to have completed something and happy for what it contains - honest and heartfelt words about my home and family.
 
*****

Jana here: When we came up with this challenge I wasn't at all sure that I would have anything to work with. I had just decided that I was going to turn over a new leaf, and start clearing up after myself. ROFLMAO at myself on that one. As it turns out, while I was in the process of cleaning, I found a little thingy that inspired me to make a whats-it... And next thing you know. I have another mess. Right on top of the one I had started out clearing up.

SO, when I sat down to actually DO this challenge, I had quite a nice selection of items with which to work. I decided that I would use a piece of cardstock that I had out.

Hmmm. What to make? No, not a card. Bookmarks have been done to death by me recently, so, no bookmarks. And then, it hit me. ATC's. I made a set of ten. See:



Those little white pieces on the top are all that is left from the 8.5 by 11 piece of cardstock I used for the base. I'll use that middle piece to make some inchies. (Rosemary sneaking in here - I LOVE THESE, JANA)

I have pictures galore on my blog here. Along with a little more detail on the birdcage ATC. (which has a surprise element)

*****

Now it's your turn to show us how you used up some of those odd bits you had lying about....

10 comments:

1CardCreator said...

You both did an awesome job with your unfinished pieces!

Deena said...

this is awesome...but i have been finishing off what i have been starting (so now i will have to figure out what is still useable on my workspace)...

Celeste said...

Love what you made with your unfinished items. My card didn't load correctly, too big I guess!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You mean I'm not the only one who has a pile of odds and ends on my workstation? Stuff that I can't bear to throw out but that never seems to find a home? This is such a fun challenge. I really will try to find time to play along later in the week. You did such a great job with yours that you have inspired me!

Rosemary said...

Oh no, you are not alone, Linda, we all have the scrap bag, pile of shame, box of UFOs, etc. We just all call them by different names! Hope that this challenge helps us all clear up some of the unfinished business and/or use up the little leftovers around our workspaces!

Electra said...

I HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS!!!
Thank you, I prostrate myself at your feet in humility, You truly are the Poobahs to top all Poobahs. Are there many? Well, you ARE.

Electra said...

In the Poobah Hall of Fame. Fer Sure.

Chat Noir said...

Do you remember that other challenge from last year maybe (or was it the year before???) when you made us take a photograph of our work space.... well, mine has vanished under a mountain. No time to play this week, but looking forward to some quality time soon. I'm with Electra: Hail our talented Poobahs.

Nancy said...

Love these projects! My work space is such a disaster, but I finally managed to put something little together! Thank you for another great challenge!
Nancy xx :D

Rosemary said...

Aw, gee (dragging toe along the floor and looking sheephish), you are all so sweet to say such nice things about the Poobahs, we enjoy this so much!