Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Challenge #41 - Let your LOVE show

It's Valentines time. I am not into the forced display of love,






so this is one of my least favorite holidays, BUT





I LOVE the reds, pinks and whites that are so abundant right now.






So the challenge to you this week is to use all of these colors in your project:




RED




PINK




WHITE





XOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO



Jana here: I went the wimpy route and used cards I made because I needed to send a few out. I used Opus Gluei as my excuse, or the other way around. Nothing too complicated. I used my new Copic markers. I sooooo love them. They made this seemingly simple little stamp just fabulous.






I made this one and three others. I used the same "ingredients", except for switching the background on 2 of the cards.


Check out the other one on my blog. I posted both over there.






(yup, I'm modest like that)



Rosemary here and I made a series of ATCs - only showing one because well, they're all alike this go-round! I went all girly and frilly and gooey - YAY! I've been shoveling snow so something other than only white is appealing to me!

I have mixed emotions on Valentine's Day; I've had wonderful ones where I felt like I was walking on air and some awful ones where I just wanted to go and sit in a dark room and eat a pound of high quality chocolates I gifted myself (there is NOTHING wrong with that!). But LOVE is grand whether we have it for a day, a year, or twenty plus years. We've all loved and been loved in our lives and it's a blessing to marvel in that we get to experience those highs and lows. Oh how boring life would be otherwise!

This ATC makes me think of those little card Valentines we had as kids - I guess that when Valentine's Day is best - the little shoebox mailboxes or brown paper bags that we decorated and put our names on and then we went around and filled everyone's up!

The products used are K&Company Ka-Zoo paper, Martha Stewart and Fiskars punches, QuickQuotes Powderpuff "Pink Cheeks" , computer-generated sentiment, and Darice plastic adhesive hearts.

Oh, and before we forget - we have a little giveaway! A brand new, sitting in the Borders bag, copy of StampIt! Cards magazine published by the fine folks at PaperCrafts magazine. (I was in the bookstore and thought, ooh, this would be nice to buy and heck why not two and share the LOVE with our Opus Gluei ladies!?!) So, just enter a project for this challenge and we'll put the names into a hat or a random generator (I lean toward the low-tech per se) and draw out a lucky winner! We'll announce it at the next challenge and I will mail it out super fast - promise)



Now it's time to LET YOUR LOVE SHOW.


(MWAH)

13 comments:

Vintageandjournals said...

Hi ya friend i am going to work on this tomorrow.
I left you a surprise at my blog so check it out..just copy it.

have a blessed week
xoox Fia

Kristen H said...

How Exciting... See you later, if not sooner!

grandmalee said...

Your challenge worked perfectly for my new card here: http://stampingwithgrandmalee.blogspot.com/2010/02/michelle-perkett-studio-love-letter.html

Ivolina said...

Lovely cards girls.
Here is my card for your challenge.
If you would like you could add your cards in our challenge blog. They are just on the theme and have only one heart as there is the task.
Hugs

Kristen H said...

http://kardsandklay.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-many-challenges-with-one-card.html

Sorry for the lazy link again!!! I am a fan of love all year, not just on a prescribed day!

Hope you had a great weekend!!!

Meikoningin said...

Here is my contribution :)

http://creations-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/card-valentines-day.html

Casii said...

I posted a hearty banner on my blog that has all the fluttery love day colors!

This year DH will be gone, so I'll be in the dark eating chocolates. LOL

1CardCreator said...

You all did such a great job! Mine is
here. Take care, ~Diane

Bobbi said...

I've posted for this challenge on time -- can you believe it!
http://icaughtthebug.blogspot.com/

great cards girls.

Electra said...

I'm like Bobbi-ON TIME! Woo hoo!
I made ATC's and must say, it was the highlight of my week. So thanks, talented ladies, for all you do to inspire us!

Mine are here

Vintageandjournals said...

Posted my card for the valentine challenge...

Jessica G. said...

Perfect timing for those last-minute Valentine's! Or in my case, a perfect color combo for an 'I'm sorry' card which is often required in the year-round maintenance of the that Valentine relationship!!

http://jessobsession.blogspot.com/2010/02/saying-sorry.html

Maria Matter said...

here's my card:
... Joyful Stamper: The Stamping Boutique Thur. Sketch

thank you!
blessings, Maria