Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Challenge #23 - Say it in Flowers

Well, here in North America we are enjoying the last bits of summer. Children are returning to school, stores are full of pencils, new copybooks, and reams of paper. There are even plenty of plastic pumpkins, Halloween socks, and Thanksgiving turkeys. Nothing like rushing all the holidays and seasons together at once!


Before we succumb to the marketing pressure and start talking about cooler weather, shorter days, the crunch of leaves beneath our feet (and the subsequent raking), let's

Say it in Flowers!


Our theme this week is asking you to create with a focus on Flowers! Intepret this as you will, we love to see your creativity!



Rosemary here - I have a simple but vibrant thank-you card to share using our motif (and I've not only got the Prima in the foreground but the background card is flowered - so out of my comfort zone with this). I love that I have something new (this lush patterned paper from Fia), something old (a leftover scrap of embossed hot pink cardstock that I used for Gimme 5's lettering-Swiss Dots folder), bling, Prima flowers, buttons, and a new set of QuicKutz (the Flirt set from this past spring). I am loving this font and kicking myself that I haven't used it sooner!

Jana's just coming off of the fun of a Disney trip, so I'm going to let her add her submittal in her own time. She's entitled, although I missed her very very much while she was gone and need to have long chat to catch up on our usual talk time!

Edited: Jana is in the house. Woot woot. I was able to drag myself out of bed and get right to work. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked, so I am very late posting. I managed to make this card. I put a bit more of an explanation on my blog: icardwanna, so you can read the long version there. I love fall and I love flowers, so mine sorta combines them. This is one of six. I made a set of them. I used the September 08 Sheetload of Cards recipe. I just found the site and am in LURVE.




------------------------------------Gallery of Submittals------------------------------------------------
So, who gave us 5 last week in our challenge - Gimme 5?


Well, here's Melisa, one of our newest Opus-Gluei participants and she's made a great journal page of the 5 things she loves and who doesn't immediately smile at the expression on the Boston Terrier's face!?! So clever, colorful, and a great interpretation!



Here's Electra's submittal - five great ATCs. You can't help but smile at these! So fun and clever! Love that you are participating on our blog.



and here's a beautiful altered book project for Gimme 5 from our greenhorn,
Kathy, and it is great! All kinds of new techniques she used for it and at least one page has five embellishments, a very cool gypsy journal. We've missed her playing along in our challenges and are delighted that she is back!


Oh my gosh, you have to go over to Gini's blog to read her entire entry and see some more of her gorgeous ATCs and you will have a laugh as well! She's great and look at how cool her ATCs came out!


If you have a project for a previous challenge, including "Gimme 5," we want to share it! So, just link in the comments and we'll be sure to include it in the roundup of submittals! Because I'm thinking that there are some of you who just haven't had a chance to get things caught up with the whirl of end of summer, school starting, etc. So, don't be shy - send us your links and we'll give you the credit you deserve!


*********************************


So, don't forget, the theme this week is Say it In Flowers!







13 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I'm always up for flowers any time of year, so I'll play along when I get some stamping time.

I found this blog by working my way through a chain of fun blogs, but you may want to add yourself to 'The Daily Dare' for one-stop challenge blog shopping:

http://dailydare4u.blogspot.com/

I visit it every day for inspiration!

Electra said...

Both your cards are so pretty, ladies!! And Melisa, I LOVE your LO of your Boston Terrier! Too cute! There are dark chocolate Snickers bars? Oooh! I have to go to the store now.

Carol Hurlock said...

Just wanted to leave a link to the card I made for this challenge. I found you on the Daily Dare. I love your Blog name.

Vibrant Flowers

Thanks
Carol
www.chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy.blogspot.com

Divya Rao said...

Hi, I wanted to leave a link to my card for this challenge. Who can so no to flowers!

http://creadivya.blogspot.com/2009/09/say-it-with-flowers.html

Cheers!
Divya

Kristen H said...

I am glad you are on the daily dare now!!! Here is my card!

Kristen H said...

I am glad you are on the daily dare now!!! Here is my card!

Kristen H said...

I only hit enter once, but you can come and look twice, if you want. It looks like I am a narcissistic card maker.

lauren bergold said...

well, being as it was myself and the CAARDVARKS who made miss jana late, the least i can do is make a flowery card, right?! ;) (not that making flowery cards is ever a problem for me!)

here ya go: http://llaurenb.blogspot.com/2009/09/say-it-in-flowers-fonts.html

Jessica G. said...

I found flowers that were in more autumn-ish tones, so this is my season -transitional card!

http://jessobsession.blogspot.com/2009/09/made-with-challenges.html

Ivolina said...

Hi Jana and Rosemary, your cards are lovely. I like them very much.
Here it is my card for this challenge.
http://ivolina-mycrafts.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post_09.html

Electra said...

Hi Poobahs, thanks for the inspiration to leave my flowers out in their boxes just a little bit longer. Will that stave off the cold? (as if) Here's my take on the flower subject: wishiniknewhowtoblog.blogspot.com

Gini said...

Hello Ladies,
Thank you so very much for the lovely write up of my ATC's.
I really do appreciate it!

Love
Gini
xx

Patrick D said...

Hello friend amazing and very interesting blog I really enjoyed reading and I would like to have any update about it and i want to know if you have any blog about kamagra